Sunday, October 9, 2011

Addictions

Addictions are all too common.  It is time to come to terms with each of them.  I am talking about honestly accepting that I have a problem.  I am currently soda free, and have been for a few days.  No big deal for the most part, right?... other than the headache that I have had for the past 2 days.  A good night sleep should relieve the headache.

Soda, coke, pop, or whatever you grew up calling it is obviously over consumed.  We get a giant cup from any restaurant with options of free refills!  Oh my!  Drink it while you eat, then refill it before you leave!  A coke a day is how I have lived my life for the past year or so, and I am certain that it is a major contributor to my increased weight gain, and my increased dehydration.
As of 3 days ago, Jason and I committed to "X" out all soda.  So far I have had a migraine for 1 1/2 days.  Tonight, my headache is finally subsiding and it is at a dull ache.  I have been detoxing from the caffeine and the excess sugar that is in each beverage.

(This post was written 2 weeks ago-I have stopped craving soda, and I am not having quite as many headaches.  Progress!).

What is one of your vices?  Can you come to terms with it, and leave it behind in order to become healthy?

Happy Losing!

Evelyn Campbell Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is meant for interaction. Please comment. But also be aware that anyone involved with this blog may be sensitive to harsh comments. Thank you!