Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beet Juice Recip

I thought that I should document the recipe that I have been using for my beet juice.  It is really delicious, I promise!

Photo Via
1 red beet in small slices
1 apple also sliced (I like the apples that have a little tartness to them)
1/2-1 cup of sliced cucumbers
1 handful of celery sticks
1 small handful of carrots
1 small handful of spinach
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds

I use my bar blender.  It really works great.  A juicer would be so much nicer and quicker, but we work with what we have.

Put 1 cup of filtered water in the blender and turn on high.  Add each vegetable and fruit in one or two at a time until all is added and blended well.

Next, this is if you are using a blender.  Strain juice from the pulp.  I use a fine mesh strainer.  Once all of the juice is extracted, you are done!

I like to drink my beet juice cold.  I have blended a little bit of ice with the juice, and I have had it over ice with some citrus juice mixed in.

You can omit and add any ingredients that you would like.  This is just my favorite version of the recipe!

Happy losing!

Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is meant for interaction. Please comment. But also be aware that anyone involved with this blog may be sensitive to harsh comments. Thank you!