Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Hope I Can Walk Tomorrow!

I don't know about all of you, but I love the feeling of soreness.  Sure it is uncomfortable, but it is a feeling that tells me that I am doing something to burn calories.

To be honest, yesterday, my workout was not that great.  I did some walking with my family, but I never did get my heart rate up.  It was a 'holiday' in town, and there was a parade.  Now that I got that off of my chest, onward and upward.  We all make mistakes and we all have excuses. The best thing to do is not to focus on those mistakes and excuses to the point where it keeps you from continuing on this difficult journey.

So back to my work out.  Today, my husband Jason and I went to a local park that has a paved path around it.  It happens to be a soccer complex.  It was a beautiful morning to be outside with its light breeze, and 65 degrees!

I feel like we really pushed ourselves.  I got home feeling happy (those endorphins rock)!

Here's what we did:

We took a brisk walk around the field to warm up (about 1/2 mile--by guessing), then we stretched really good. 
Then we jogged as far as we could around the track.  We made it about 3/8ths of the way around.  Not bad I felt, considering the weight I am pulling with me.  Then we continued to walk until we were about 1/2 of the way around the track.

At that point, we did sprints on one of the long soccer fields (I say long, because there are short fields for little league).  We sprinted "down and back" twice.  I tell you, it took a few minutes to catch my breath afterward!

After that, we did a body weight circuit.  Here is the list (we only did a portion or half of each of these-except the crunch exercises, which we did the full 20):
The website that we took this circuit from is also listed under my list of exercise examples on the right hand side.

After that, we walked back to our car, drove home, then stretched (link to basic stretches).

How was your workout?  Are you drinking water throughout your workout?  That is important!

Happy losing!

Evelyn Campbell Curtis

PS I am running out of time this afternoon, so I will post some recipes in a day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is meant for interaction. Please comment. But also be aware that anyone involved with this blog may be sensitive to harsh comments. Thank you!