Wednesday, October 5, 2011

It's All in a Name

I am sure that you have heard the saying, "You are what you eat."  Well, I like to say, "You are what you say you are."

I can't count how many times I have said, "I'm fat."  But what gets me, is that by me stating such a phrase, I am fully accepting that label as what defines me.

Further, when I set that label, I am not giving myself the chance for change.  I am hindering my own potential!... making me my own worst enemy.  A very strong enemy at that.

As children of God, and free agents to choose, we are beings to act, not to be acted upon.  We choose how we respond to adversity (Bednar, 2006).  So once we are armed with that understanding we are unstoppable!

The challenge today is accepting imperfection.  It is labeling ourselves as changeable.  As a child of God.

Happy Losing!

Evelyn Campbell Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is meant for interaction. Please comment. But also be aware that anyone involved with this blog may be sensitive to harsh comments. Thank you!