Thursday, November 10, 2011

Food for Thought Friday: Body Mind and Spirit

For me, when it comes to getting all of the things done that I need to, I need to implement a formula of sorts... or a process every day.  Here it is.

photo via
Body
I find that when I start my day with a good workout, I am so much more productive throughout the day, and I eat better!  I am more strict with my diet as well!  Interesting isn't it?  Just that one choice can set the tone for my whole day.  Simple, right?  Well, it is about making that choice.  The more I make that choice, the easier it is.... not easy, but easier.  There is a difference.

Mind
When I fill my mind with something worthwhile, I feel good about myself.  When I spend some time looking nutrition facts, political information (I like politics), and other things that have to do with my temporal well being, I feel productive.  I feel informed, and I feel energized to move on to the next task.

Spirit
How do you nurture your spirit?  I nurture my spirit by praying, reading my scriptures, listening to uplifting music, talks, and by writing in my journal.  All of these things set me up to be in a great mood.  I am a better parent when I do these things.  I am a kinder citizen of my community when I do these things, and I feel closer to God when I do these things... which is the most important thing to me.

How are you nurturing your body, mind and spirit?

I find it very interesting that what I do in the morning really sets the tone for my whole day.  When I start with exercise and my spiritual meditation, I am happier, more energetic, and ready to get things done!  When I have done these things...especially when I have read my scriptures, I find it easier to write too!  The words just flow to my fingertips as I type!

There are definitely benefits to ensuring that you are taking care of yourself, body, mind, and spirit!

Think about it!

Evelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is meant for interaction. Please comment. But also be aware that anyone involved with this blog may be sensitive to harsh comments. Thank you!