Saturday, November 12, 2011

Goals Saturday: Sleep

Last week, I set the goal to do knee strengthening exercises.  I did do these, and my knee really is feeling stronger.  The swelling has dramatically decreased, and I have been able to do more difficult exercises this past week.  What a great goal for me to set for myself!  This is one that I am going to keep on the list.  I have to always be strengthening my knees!
Me today

For this week, my new goal is very clear to me.  About five or six of the days, I have stayed up way too late.  I'm talking staying up until 1 and 2 am.  It is a very bad habit of mine.  I just get carried away after the kids are all in bed.  It is prime time all to myself to write, to read, and to just relax from the day's duties.  Ultimately, there is nothing wrong with staying up for a little while after the kids go to sleep.  However, I let myself lose track of time, and before I know it, it is very late.  Also, Jason gets off of work late, around 1 or 2am on average, so I really like to wait up for him.  We recently decided that I needed to go to bed before him, but like I mentioned above, I lose track of time.

This week's goal:
The Kid's bedtime is 7:30-8pm.
My bedtime is 10pm.  No excuses.

It will be hard, because it is one of my most long standing bad habits.  Ultimately, I would like to be able to get up before the kids, so that I can be ready for them.  That is also a good time for alone time, and in the past, when I have woken up early, I would get so much more done in one day.  Along with that, I feel better, I don't crave so much unhealthy foods (this week has been hard on my diet).  So, this next week will be better.  I'll go to bed at 10pm.  Even setting an alarm.

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."

What is your goal for the new week?

Happy losing!

Evelyn

Another post on sleep.


2 comments:

  1. I feel sometimes like reaching goals is like a positive circle. You just want to do more goal reaching and you push yourself a little further! I'm happy to hear you've made progress, because that's the only way to go into that kind of positive circle! Thumbs up!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely right! It does feel good to reach goals! :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is meant for interaction. Please comment. But also be aware that anyone involved with this blog may be sensitive to harsh comments. Thank you!