Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Raw Beet Juice: The Benefits

Jason and I recently heard about the benefits of raw beet juice.  There are so many vitamins and nutrients that come from the beets, and cooking them kills many of those nutrients.

I am striving for a more nutrient balance diet for my whole family.  Losing weight for me is not just a quest to have completed.  I want to change my life, and the lives of my family.  I want to be healthy, fit, and ready for anything that is thrown in our path.

Some benefits of raw beet juice
-Beets are packed with vitamin C (which is an antioxidant:  An antioxidant helps rid your body of the "free radicals" that can work against your health (Group, 2009).
-Folic acid and Iron are also high contributors to good things found in beets.
-For diabetics, beets can help regulate blood sugar levels.
-"Beet juice is a significant source of nitrates, chemicals that are converted in the body to nitrites, which act as vasodilators, opening up blood vessels and allowing blood to flow easily through the body (McAdams, 2010. para 5)."

I am willing to give beet juice a go!  I don't have a history of high blood pressure, but it can't hurt!

Here is a video that I found informative in how to prepare beet juice.  It is super easy, and doesn't take too long!  I've made it before and plan on making it again tonight!




Visit this website for more information and the actual recipe! Vegalicious

 Let me know what you think!

Happy losing!

Evelyn Campbell Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is meant for interaction. Please comment. But also be aware that anyone involved with this blog may be sensitive to harsh comments. Thank you!