Friday, October 7, 2011

Vanilla Cookie Protein Shake

I mentioned this recipe on my facebook fan page, but I am here to post the actual recipe!

I love protein shakes.  they are a great way to start your day, or a great way to end your workout!  There are so many recipes for different shakes.  Its one meal that should never get boring.

My favorite protein powder is any brand of vanilla.  I buy a big bag of it from my local warehouse store.  I have purchased it at Costco, and here in Roswell, I buy it at Sam's Club.  The bag is only around $20-25 or so, and it lasts for a really long time... hence, I cannot recall how much it costs for sure!

I personally do not like chocolate protein powder.  I also do not know anyone who does (that doesn't mean there aren't good recipes for chocolate protein powder). :)

Here is the recipe!

The powder I use.

8    oz    Skim or 1% milk
1/2 C     quick oats raw
1            banana
1 TBS    peanut butter
1 Scoop vanilla protein powder
however much ice you like.

Blend up all of the ingredients in a blender, and then add in the amount of ice that you like.  I put in a full tray.

I recommend using a heavy duty bar blender.  They don't have any problems chopping up that ice.  I would assume that a smoothy blender would do well also!

Yum yum!  I think I'll be having a Vanilla Cookie Protein Shake for my 4th meal today!

Happy losing!

Evelyn Campbell Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is meant for interaction. Please comment. But also be aware that anyone involved with this blog may be sensitive to harsh comments. Thank you!